maandag 27 juni 2011

The weather is BEAUTIFUL

Really though not like oh yeah it's pretty warm and it's only beautiful because the weather has been so awful for the last few weeks. IT'S REALLY, PROPERLY WARM. This morning I very, very optimistically went out and purchased sun cream. Factor 20. Yup. I also got a new conditioner that I'm very excited about. If you have curly hair you get very excited about conditioner. I can spend HOURS looking at hair things. All these words like glossy and silky are very enticing. Now I'm going to take a book and cycle to Vondelpark and laze around reading and suntanning. I'm not sure how this suntanning business is going to work because it's weird to suntan in a park.  This is a thing about cities without beaches. I remember in New York and Boston that people would get pretty naked for a park that was in the middle of a city. Like bras and underwear naked. I don't agree with this at all. The only public place you should ever wear so little clothing is by a pool or at the beach.

Yesterday Joris and I took a looonnnggg cycle to the North of Holland. It was really dreamy. We took a ferry and everything. Here are pictures.

this is how a lot of the trip looked. joris referred to the scenery as "an acquired taste."
joris
i can now ride a bike and pose for a camera AT THE SAME TIME which is pretty impressive i think
MY hat and MY sunglasses which joris very cunningly took over during the course of the day
the "beach"
some adorable town that had LOADS of hydrangeas

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten