zondag 8 mei 2011

First Weekend


So now I have a blog and the reason for this is that
a) it's hard to send everyone emails and
b) rosie did it and it was great

It's quite hard to have a blog. It's a huge pain to choose how it will look and my computer has decided to make everything Dutch so I have no idea what's going on.

ANYWAY

Amsterdam is great. really. The weather is very warm and everyone is really friendly and I live very close to an H&M. The house I'm staying in is "so charming." All these beautiful paintings and loads of books everywhere and I have this loft bed with a nice little window and it feels kind of like I live on a cool boat. I've walked around loads and seen tons of stuffs, but I think the most important thing is that I have now ridden a bike around Amsterdam. Jees. Jees. It's hard. It's like how I find driving hard except I'm even worse at it and I have no idea where I'm going most of the time and people are SERIOUS about cycling here. I went for my first ride yesterday after sulking a lot about having to get on a bike and I really struggle to take off and stop. Once I'm going it's ok, but I can't stop the bike without basically falling off. I think the seat is too high. Apparently this is not true. ALSO my shoes keep falling off when I ride which is pretty embarrassing. I'm sure I'll get used to it. I really should.

Here are some pictures of things.

This is a photo I took from Joris' Boat. 

 Sitting on the side of the canal





View from the public library. 

Trying to cross the road with cars and bikes and trams all over the place and on the wrong side of the road. it's far out. 

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten